with your latte
motivating.inspiring.compelling

Friday, July 27, 2007

Are you busy or are you productive?

If you haven't noticed - I start a lot of my blogs with questions. Questions invoke thought. Questions help us to ask, "Why." That's why I am asking you to examine yourself with the title of this writing. Our lives are busy but I dare say that many of us are not productive. We run from here to there and back to here. We make for good taxis for our kids - off to church and back home. Hurry and get changed - we going to the cheerleading competition. (I know this one personally) Intramural sports have kept more families out of church then any other one thing in modern times. Everybody works hard and harder because gas for that SUV is 100.00 a pop. Where will this end up? Is life better now? Are families closer than 5 decades ago? Or, are we just busier? Church is no different. Unlike Noah who knew when it was time to let go of a ministry, the church will hang on until death-do-us-part. I wrote a blog on Noah that asked the question, "Why did the ark float?" It's purpose was for you to consider all that you are doing and line...the rest of the story

No comments: